White light is actually a combination of all colors of light.
So I decided with this commission I would show the aerobeakon to have isolated colors from the spectrum of visible light with their respective wavelengths. I found a graph showing the waves of each color, superimposed them on top of each other, then warped the graph into the light cone shape. Once I had this, I placed it into my composition and referenced that to paint the final image. So not only is it a cool looking painting, but it also shows the actual frequencies of each light wave of color.
Commissioner has given permission to make prints of this artwork.
Acrylic on panel
5" x 7" paper - image size is 4 1/2" x 5 5/8" (Open Edition)
11" x 14" paper - image size is 10 1/2" x 13" - Edition of 150
13" x 19" paper - image size is 12 3/8" x 15 7/16" - Edition of 150
Unframed fine art giclée print, printed with pigment inks on high quality acid-free archival paper to ensure the highest quality and longevity that will last a lifetime. Comes with a acid free mounted mat board presented flat in a cellophane sleeve with a backing board.
• Hand signed with print number on front.
• All prints come unframed/unmatted and have extra space to allow for matting & framing.
• Acid free archival 88lb. Polar Matte Card Stock.
• Printed with epson archival pigment inks.
• Paper prints need to framed behind glass to protect against UV damage, moisture and dust.
**Note: Print quality is greater than photos.